A few years ago I helped my husband prepare for an upcoming interview. We ran through a series of typical questions and together we brainstormed about some situational answers he could use. I remember one question touched on his greatest career accomplishment. I rolled my eyes as he scratched his head- stumped about what to say. And not because he couldn’t think of anything. But because he couldn’t narrow it down.
While he debated, I let my mind wander. At that point I’d been a stay-at-home mom for roughly 7 years. The idea of me Continue reading ‘Hat Training Day’ And Why It Saves A VacationShare This Post
20 years ago if you asked me about the person I’d be today, I could have painted a fairly accurate picture. However, one aspect of my life that I never saw coming was turning into a crunchy-ish mama. I use the term loosely because there are several Continue reading Sun Tips From A Crunchy-ish MamaShare This Post
Please let me start by saying, you really can’t go wrong when you visit Hawaii. I mean, it’s HAWAII! Every inch of soil in that state is fabulous. However, there are a TON of decisions to make when you plan a trip. Admittedly, I haven’t Continue reading Where To Go When You Visit HawaiiShare This Post
Today is May 1st and that means my head is already at the beach. I am a total, beach-loving girl! With so much giddiness and joy I marked off the whole week on our master kitchen chalkboard calendar last night. We’ve had our trip booked for months, but to see it up there for THIS MONTH is so exciting! I cannot wait to have my toes in the sand.
Naturally, I’m going to gravitate to anything beachy this month (so brace yourself!) I pretty much consider myself an expert, but still I love Continue reading Best Coastal Beach Towns In AmericaShare This Post
Did anyone else spend all weekend watching the Masters Golf Tournament? At our house, we just couldn’t tear ourselves away from it. Even my children get really into into it- cheering for their favorite golfers and admiring Continue reading The Masters Sandwiches For The BeachShare This Post
Today’s Favorite Travel Product: An Easter Basket Full of Travel Goodies
With Easter less than a month away, I know the Easter Bunny will be shopping soon. As a parent, I have very few “genius” ideas. More often than not, I either copy other people’s great ideas or I totally Continue reading Friday Favorite- A Traveler’s Easter BasketShare This Post
As spring break and summer approach, one of the most fun and affordable vacations is a trip to the beach. Although you will still incur the cost of travel, lodging and food- entertainment is virtually free!
Personally, I need no prompting on how to enjoy myself on a beach for days on end. Likewise, my children play easily without much encouragement. I think it’s safe to say that we’re beach-people! However, that’s not the case for everyone. For that reason, many touristy beaches have all sorts of activities to draw you away from the sand. These attractions also come with a cost! What could have been a relatively inexpensive trip will add up fast if you start paying for activities.
In order to avoid the temptation Continue reading 21 Free (or Inexpensive) Things To Do At The BeachShare This Post
Today’s Favorite Travel Product: Matilda Jane Clothing
As a strong-willed, Type-A (borderline control freak) mom, there’s been a huge learning curve with parenting. Shockingly, it would seem that I’m raising a strong-willed, Type-A, control freak. She’s my mini-me in every way, including attitude. My girl marches to the beat of her own drum and asserts her independence every step of the way.
Raising this child, “pick your battles” has to be my mantra. Generally speaking, I repeat the phrase at least 20 times a day, sometimes more. For the first 4 years of her life, clothing was no exception. Despite my insistence on having the final approval on her appearance, she’d start complaining as quickly as we opened her closet. She’d whine that things were “itchy” or “hot.” I often heard about dresses not being “twirly” or “fun” enough. As a matter of fact, I often joked that she was my real life goldilocks. Every outfit was “too much not right” and striking “just right” often felt impossible.
And then a friend introduced me to Matilda Jane Clothing and my daughter’s relationship with her closet has never been the same. Naturally, Mary Grace travels almost exclusively in the brand. If there’s one battle I don’t want to face on the road, it’s a breakdown from a 9-year old over her wardrobe.
I could probably come up with a million reasons why we love traveling in Matilda Jane…but I’ll spare you! Here are my top 5:
- Comfort: Matilda Jane clothing is so comfortable “it’s practically like I’m wearing pajamas.” Her words, not mine. I occasionally subject my children to extensive road trips. There can’t possibly be anything worse than being uncomfortable in the car. The fact that she asks to wear MJ on the road says a lot about the material. Likewise, there are no itchy tags and no hard buckles.
- Versatility: These clothes can literally be worn for hours in a car, a day of adventure in a city, on a hike, and then to a fancy dinner. They are both play clothes, and ‘Sunday best’ all rolled into one outfit. On a vacation we often pack as much into a day as possible. We love the versatility that MJ allows and the freedom to avoid lengthy stops at our hotels to change. Not to mention the fact that we can pack less, and I come home with less laundry. That’s always a plus!
- Uniqueness: Matilda Jane makes a statement. It’s not uncommon as we travel for several people to stop us and comment about her clothing. The girl wearing MJ is always easy to spot in a crowd because she stands out. Aside from the fun colors, it helps with safety in a crowded area. Likewise, we’ve met several other MJ families through our travels and we love the comradery the clothing inspires.
- Durability: I’m pretty sure Matilda Jane clothing is made from magical cloth. Not only does the fabric literally repel stains, but it also looks perfect in all circumstances. We’ve never dealt with a wrinkle, or a problem with how the clothing wears. Frequently my daughter spills something on her outfit, and more often than not we’re able to remove the spot with a little water.
- Value: You can’t put a price tag on the confidence my daughter feels when wearing these gorgeous clothes. The fact that we don’t have to argue about her clothing on trips is worth it’s weight in gold. And her safety is everything. The advantage of being able to spot her in a crowd is priceless. The clothes are well made, and they last. Finally, Matilda Jane is a company that gives back. I’m a proud patron of a company that does so much good for others.
I am certain with one purchase you will fall in love with these clothes!
Matilda Jane can be purchased via their website. Please enter Trunk Keeper ID# 1261 at checkout.Share This Post