As I plan future travel, I have been in search of something different. We are totally beach people. And Disney people. We love warm weather and we rarely think outside the box. In researching ideas I found what looks like the most ridiculously amazing place ever! The Omni Homestead Resort located in Hot Springs, Virginia is high on my list of places I’d like to travel to soon!
There are so many awesome things to highlight about this hotel! A couple notable facts and features:
- The Homestead opened 250 years ago- 10 years before our country was founded!
- The resort features a 2 acre outdoor water park complete with slides and a lazy river that is open year round. The water is heated naturally by the springs. There is also an indoor pool and an 18+ Spa pool.
- 23 U.S. Presidents have visited The Homestead
- President Woodrow Wilson went on his honeymoon at The Homestead (while in office!)
- There are 2 golf courses on the property which have hosted numerous national tournaments. The Old Course’s first tee is the oldest tee in continuous use in the United States.
- There are over 30 resort activities including: horseback riding, hiking, falconry, carriage rides, lawn games, segway tours, canoeing, kayaking, skiing, tubing, paintball, archery, biking, ice skating, and tennis…just to name a few! *some of these activities are seasonal*
- The Omni Homestead has several award winning restaurants on property.
- The Homestead is considered “America’s first resort.”
Who’s ready to go to The Omni Homestead with me?!?! It sounds amazing, doesn’t it?
*****UPDATE: We went- and we LOVED it! One of our best destinations to date.*****
You might also enjoy reading: