Airports are fun places for kids. From all the hustle and bustle, to the moving walkways, trams and, of course, PLANES, kids stay entertained. Until they don’t. Occasionally a layover can last just a bit too long. Children go from excited explorers to grumpy terrors in a matter of seconds.
Child-friendly features at an airport make a HUGE difference in convenience and comfort. When you travel with kids, it all matters. From a clean changing table, to a private place to breastfeed, to a store stocked with baby essentials, the little things add up.
While most airports manage child guests, some really cater to them. As a family that travels often, the good airports really stand out. We are much more likely to travel through our favorite ones knowing our kids will be entertained and our needs will be met.
Recently Gina from MommyNearest Blog published a list of 10 U.S. airports that make traveling with children a breeze. Before I scrolled through her list I made my own mental list. Every airport that quickly came to my mind made her list- proving that it is noticeable when airports go out of their way to cater to families!
Here are a few of my favorite airports and features that she mentioned in her post:
- Orlando (MCO)- 3,000 gallon salt water fish tank
- Detroit (DTW)- huge water feature inspired by lines of a flight map
- Atlanta (ATL)- breastfeeding pods
- Seattle (SEA)- airport themed play area and private mother’s room
Not mentioned, but worth noting:
- Dallas (DFW)- 3 huge play areas, and our personal favorite train
- San Francisco (SFO)- self guided tour (i.e. treasure hunt) around airport
Read the full post here.
What are your favorite airports for traveling with kids?