The start of every year brings new ideas, and new goals. At Mom With A Map we are constantly striving to publish the very best and most interesting travel information. In an effort to bring our readers even more great content, we are offering some exciting new guest post opportunities.
First of all, you might be asking yourself: What is a Guest Post?
In a nutshell, a guest post is an article published on Mom With A Map written by someone other than myself. It must be fresh content (in other words, not published on any other website or by any other publication) and relate to family travel. Ideally, the post will align with the 4 goals of our website:
- To inspire other families to travel.
- To promote great family-friendly destinations and travel products.
- To show our kids the world. (Okay, I’ll let this one slide…you don’t have to actually show our kids the world to be considered for a guest post!)
- To be light- sharing our faith in Jesus.
Next you may be wondering: How do I write a Guest Post?
Great question. The first thing you want to do is come up with a topic. I love posts that give readers insight into travel tips, products and specific destinations. For example, have you grown up traveling to a favorite vacation spot? Share your favorite activities, restaurants and tips for that location! Your idea can cover a lot of ideas (i.e.: a top 10 list) or just one very specific travel topic. It’s up to you!
Mom With A Map followers also enjoy reading about interesting travel stories. Do you have a memorable event that happened on a vacation? A funny or embarrassing story? PLEASE share!
Before you get started writing, here are a few guidelines to follow:
- DO make sure the content is original. Unfortunately, I can not accept articles that have been published on other sites.
- DO include pictures.
- DO your best to write between 500-700 words.
- DO make sure the writing is relevant to family travel.
- DON’T forget to edit your writing. (I retain the right to edit your work too.)
- DON’T include any affiliate links.
Along with your post, please write a brief personal bio. In this description you may include a link to your own website or business.
Submit your guest post to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Here are a few examples of some awesome guest posts that Mom With A Map published last year:
A few final disclosures:
- Submission of a guest post does not guarantee publication.
- Our site is currently teamed up with 2 travel agents. Although we gladly accept articles, we will not promote another agent at this time.
*This post may contain affiliate links. By making a purchase after clicking on a link, Mom With A Map will receive compensation.