Christmas is 4 weeks from today. 4 WEEKS! If you’re like me (and most other people) you’ve still got some shopping to do. I’m always looking for outside-the-box Christmas gift ideas. I love gifts that serve a purpose- rather than just adding “stuff” to already overindulged households.
One thing I will say you can almost never have enough of is travel! I love when gifts can add to our vacations- either through quality gear or actual activities.
So, for the traveler, the traveler’s family and the want-to-be travelers, here are a few of my top Christmas gift ideas:
- Membership: Any type of museum, zoo, park, aquarium, etc. membership is absolutely awesome for travel. Although the specific membership may be to a local place, many of the locations offer reciprocal programs. It’s always nice to be able to visit other museums for half-price or even for free, depending on the benefits. Often you also receive a discount on merchandise and food at the reciprocal venues. Not to mention, this gift can be used year-round…it’s the gift that keeps giving!
- Tickets: Likewise, tickets to any type of experience for upcoming travel are awesome! Whether it’s a special museum, show, park or attraction- tickets are fabulous Christmas gift ideas!
- Little Passports Subscription: My children have absolutely loved receiving their Little Passports adventure every month. This is another gift that give all year, and how fun is it to get mail?!? Various Little Passport products span the age range from 3 to 9+. Visit this link to shop the different options: give the gift of adventure.
- Digital Camera for Kids
- Fun Luggage: One thing travelers (especially traveling kids!) can never have enough of is fun luggage. Unfortunately, it doesn’t always hold up forever, so it’s nice to get new pieces for the collection. Helping out with luggages is so much more fun for kids (and easy for parents) when the suitcase designs are kid-friendly. My son loves the Skip Hop Zoo Kid Luggage with it’s dog design!
- YETI Products: In our house we’re obsessed with our Yeti products. We started out with just the tumblers (featured here) and now we’ve branched out to all products Yeti. I guarantee no one will be disappointed when they unwrap a Yeti. And, I’m also convinced you can never have too many! My current favorite is theYETI Portable Cooler.
- Fitness Tracker: One thing I’ve found is that in having an inconsistent schedule while traveling, sometimes I need to be very intentional about getting enough steps in each day. For me, wearing a Fitbit is such an easy motivator for taking extra steps. Likewise, on days when we’re traveling and doing A LOT of walking, my kids are inspired by tracking their steps. It’s a win/win!
Stocking Stuffer Ideas:
Gift Card Christmas Ideas for Travelers:
Restaurant (especially ones easy to use when traveling- ex. Panera, Starbucks, Chick-fil-A)
Photo Memory (ex. Snapfish, Shutterfly)
These are just a few of my favorites for travelers. What is on your wish list this holiday season? Is there anyone on your list that you struggle to find the perfect gift for each year?
*This post contains affiliate links. If products are purchased after reader clicks on one of my links, Mom With A Map will receive a small compensation.*