Today is officially National Cookie Day! Now if that isn’t a reason to celebrate, I don’t know what is! Who doesn’t love a fresh baked cookie?
Here are some fun cookie facts from around the US:
- According to Nestle Toll House, when asked to describe their state’s favorite cookie or the one that best represents the state’s personality, 34% of Americans picked chocolate chip.
- Vermont picked Maple Pecan cookies
- Georgia went with Peanut Butter
- Alaska identified with Russian Tea Cake cookies
- Kentucky favored Burbon Spice cookies
- And, of course, Florida identified with Orange cookies
- The number one selling brand of cookie is Nabisco’s Oreo cookie.
- The first commercially sold cookie was the Animal Cracker (in 1902.)
- The US leads the world in cookie baking and eating.
- The first fortune cookie was actually made in the US.
One of my all time favorite places to eat cookies is at the Doubletree Hotel by Hilton. If you are familiar with this hotel you know that they have cookies at their front desk every evening. Although we don’t often get the chance to stay at this particular hotel, my kids always ask if we’re at the “cookie hotel.”
Good news for everyone though- for the 12 Days of Christmas (December 13th through 24th) The DoubleTree invites guests and non-guests to stop by for one of their signiture cookies!
Today there are several places offering cookie deals. Here are a few you can check out:
- Whole Foods: 50% off their bakery cookies
- Mrs. Fields: Free cookie for first 400 guests at each location
- Toll House Cafe: Free regular cookie for each guest
- Great American Cookie: Free chocolate chip cookie
- Cinnabon: Launching a new product- Cookie Bon Bite and free milk with purchase
I hope everyone enjoys National Cookie Day!
If you have a favorite recipe, please share!
You might also enjoy: