Think Vegas is not for kids?
Honestly, you might be right. However, you’d be pretty hard pressed to convince my kiddos. They just had the time of their lives. And, much to my embarrassment, they’ve started telling random strangers that it’s their favorite place to visit.
Yep. I get some really fun looks when they burst out with those comments.
I’ve tried to clarify that we sort of went there for work reasons. Or explain that it’s fresh on their minds because we just got back. But at the end of the day, you really can’t hide how much fun my kids had in Vegas.
If you’ve yet to read my post answering all the questions about WHY in the world we went to Vegas with kids, start here. As you’ll read- we initially planned the trip to check the Nevada box. I knew they’d enjoy the Hoover Dam area, but I had NO idea how much they’d enjoy the Vegas strip!
There are so many great things to do in Vegas with Kids!
I honestly had a difficult time narrowing down all of the options. Here are a few tips for planning family activities:
- Narrow down your list to your “top” activities and make sure you leave enough time for those stops. (Everything in Vegas takes a little more time than you would typically think!)
- Try to build your day using a map. Hit all of your stops on one side of the street rather than trying to cross back and forth over Las Vegas Blvd. There are a lot of pedestrian bridges, but extra walking is not always ideal for little feet.
- Whenever possible, route through the hotels. But then ask for directions often. Speaking from experience- we somehow walked in a huge circle through one of the hotels. We saw some cool stuff, but ended up back where we started.
- Stay hydrated! The desert is hot and my kids got thirsty quickly. Unfortunately, in Vegas it’s a lot easier to find a drink with alcohol than to find water. Next time we will travel with our own bottles that can easily be refilled.
- Vegas has some nice public transportation. There are 3 different monorail systems (2 free and 1 that you pay for…yes, it’s a tad confusing!) and a bus line. Of course you also have the option of taking an Uber, Lyft or taxi.
Here are some of my favorite activities for families visiting Vegas:
- High Roller The World’s Largest Observation Wheel (save money by purchasing your tickets in advance)
- *Welcome To Vegas Sign
- *Bellagio Fountain Show
- Gondola Ride at the Venetian
- *Bellagio Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
- *Mirage Volcano Show
- Monterey Bay Shark Reef Aquarium
- Stratosphere Tower
- Big Apple Roller Coaster
- Top Golf (rates are lowest in the morning)
- FlyLINQ Zipline (hight/weight restrictions; save money by purchasing tickets in advance)
- Siegfried & Roy’s Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat
- Adventuredome at Circus Circus
- *Flamingo Wildlife Habitat
- *Hershey’s Chocolate World (marked as free…but I dare you to walk in here and not purchase something yummy!)
- Eiffel Tower Viewing Deck
- The Tank
*Indicates free activities
Additionally, my kids really enjoyed seeing the decorations and themes of some of the main hotels. Be sure not to miss:
- Caesar’s Palace
- The Venetian Resort (you MUST walk through the inside canal area, even if you don’t ride the gondola!)
- New York New York Hotel
- Luxor Las Vegas
- Excalibur Hotel
Vegas has no shortage of good food! And it’s EVERYWHERE!
However, if you aren’t interested in sitting down to an expensive steak dinner with your family, there are lots of great options! 3 places that I specifically recommend for both their food and atmosphere:
- MGM Grand Food Court: You will find a lot of choices here in one spot and tons of tables.
- In-N-Out Burger: There is one convienently located on the strip on the LYNQ Promenade.
- Pieology Pizza: Also located in the MGM Grand, but not in the food court.
Lastly, there are a lot of great places to see with kids that are within a short driving distance:
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
- Hoover Dam
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Death Valley National Park
Can you see now why my kids are crazy about Vegas?
Please be sure to pin this post:
You may also enjoy reading:
*This post may contain affiliate links. By making a purchase after clicking on a link, Mom With A Map will receive a compensation.