One of the things I love the most about traveling to New York City with kids is the wide variety of amazing activities.
I am certain you could easily spent 6 months there sightseeing and STILL not see everything!
We had the opportunity to spend a few days in NYC last summer and it was easily one of the most memorable stops on our trip! One of our first stops was Central Park. I had a few notable sights I wanted to see, but then I planned to move on and see more of New York.
Unfortunately, my 5-year old felt differently. He could have watched the performers (specifically the people making huge bubbles) all day!
Of all the cities we’ve visited, this one is probably the most difficult to narrow down the top things to do. While this is- by no means- a complete list of things to do, these are my top recommendations!
20 Things To Do In New York City With Kids This Summer
- Central Park Carriage Ride
- Broadway Show (age appropriate ones may include: The Lion King, Aladdin, Wicked, Hamilton)
- Empire State Building
- Staten Island Ferry (best view of Statue of Liberty!)
- National History Museum
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum
- Brooklyn Bridge Walk
- Bronx Zoo
- Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Ellis Island
- 9/11 Memorial (Be sure to read my thoughts on the memorial vs. the museum)
- Coney Island
- Rockefeller Center (an early morning on the Today Show!)
- Grand Central Terminal
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- Brooklyn Chocolate Tour
- Bethesda Fountain in Central Park
- New York Harbor Tour
- Yankee Stadium (catch a game or take a tour)
- Molly’s Cupcakes in Greenwich Villiage
As an added tip, if you are interested in doing some of these activities, I highly recommend the purchase of a City Pass. Use this link to Save 40% or more on New York’s 6 best attractions.
You might also enjoy reading:
*This post may contain affiliate links. By making a purchase after clicking on a link, Mom With A Map will receive compensation.