It would be fair to assume I’m completely biased to North Carolina because I live here. And to some degree, you’re probably correct. However, I can assure you that the state has ALWAYS had a special piece of my heart.
The activities on my North Carolina bucket list are crazy diverse!
The state has so much to offer from the natural landscape of the mountains and the coast to several big cities! I’m quite certain someone could live here their entire life and not even begin to complete this list.
In order to experience North Carolina properly, you really have to be intentional about visiting these destinations. Don’t limit yourself to activities that you’d typically gravitate towards. Branch out and try some new experiences.
North Carolina’s history is rich. And it’s future is bright.
It would be impossible to make this bucket list any other way than to do it in alphabetical order. I couldn’t imagine anyone picking a top 10 or a top 20 from this list because there are just so many great things to do!
If you’ve followed this site for very long, you know I absolutely had to include all of the National Park System destinations. Be sure you’ve ordered your Passport To Your National Parks prior to visiting these stops. You may also want to read up on the most affordable way to visit National parks.
Also if you follow Mom With A Map, you know that we are HUGE sports fans. North Carolina has tons of teams for every sport. However, I opted to only list the 3 professional teams (NFL, NHL and NBA) and a handful of the most popular minor league teams. Of course, there are also tons of college games to catch too!
North Carolina Bucket List For Families- 70 Things You Must Do:
- ACC Hall of Champions
- Airborne & Special Operations Museum
- Andy Griffith Museum
- Appalachian National Scenic Trail
- Battleship NC
- Beech Mountain
- Big Rock Nature Preserve
- Billy Graham Library
- Biltmore House
- Blue Ridge Parkway
- Blue Ridge National Heritage Area
- Bodie Island Lighthouse
- Carolina Aviation Museum
- Cape Fear Museum
- Cape Hatteras National Seashore
- Cape Lookout National Seashore
- Carl Sanburg National Historic Site
- Charlotte Knights Game
- Charlotte Motor Speedway (NASCAR race)
- Checkers Game
- Chimney Rock State Park
- Clingman’s Dome
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
- Dan Nicholas Park
- Discovery Place
- Dismal Swamp State Park
- DuPont State Recreational Forest
- Durham Bulls Game
- Fort Raleigh National Historic Site
- Grandfather Mountain
- Great Smokey Mountains National Park
- Greensboro Children’s Museum
- Greensboro Science Center
- Grove Park Inn
- Guliford Courthouse National Military Park
- Gullah Cultural Heritage Corridor
- Hornets Game
- International Civil Rights Center & Museum
- Jockeys Ridge State Park
- Land of Oz
- Lazy 5 Ranch
- Linville Caverns, Falls and Gorge
- Marbles Kids Museum
- Moores Creak National Battlefield
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center
- Mount Mitchell State Park
- NASCAR Hall of Fame
- National Whitewater Center
- NC Aquarium
- NC Arboretum
- NC Maritime Museum
- NC Museum of Art
- NC Museum of History
- NC Museum of Natural Sciences
- NC Transportation Museum
- NC Zoo
- Old Salem
- Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail
- Panthers Game
- Pullen Park
- Sarah P. Duke Gardens
- SEA LIFE Aquarium
- Shackleford Banks (Wild Horses)
- Sliding Rock
- Trail of Tears National Historic Trail
- Treehouse Vineyards Treehouse Camping
- Tiger World
- Tweetsie Railroad
- Wright Brothers National Memorial
What is your favorite thing to do in North Carolina?
Please be sure to pin this post:
You may also enjoy reading:
*This post may contain affiliate links. By making a purchase after clicking on a link, Mom With A Map will receive a commission.