Once upon a time- not all that long ago- I would have said any beach is a great beach for kids. I’d never met a beach I didn’t enjoy.
I suppose my criteria was pretty simple. Does the beach have sand? Do the salty waves wash up onto the shore? Will the sun shine?
If the answer to all of those questions was “yes” then I was all in. Clearly my standards were low, but I was okay with that. A beach is a beach, right?
Well, maybe it’s just me getting older and more mature (…I said “maybe.”) Or perhaps I’m turning into a beach snob? Either way, my standards for the best beaches to visit with my children are going up.
Here are the best beaches to visit with kids:
- Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
- Rosemary Beach (30A), Florida
- Ocean City, New Jersey
- Coronado Central Beach, California
- Kitty Hawk Beach (Outer Banks), North Carolina
- Treasure Island Beach, Florida
- Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Cannon Beach, Oregon
- Tybee Island, Georgia
- Grayton Beach (30A), Florida
- Misquamicut State Beach, Rhode Island
- Aliso Beach Park, California
- Gulf Shores, Alabama
- Honolulu Beach, Hawaii
- South Padre Island, Texas
- Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Assateauge Island National Seashore, Virginia
- Ala Moana Beach Park, Hawaii
- Sanibel Island, Florida
You might also enjoy reading:
*This post may contain affiliate links. By making a purchase after clicking on a link, Mom With A Map will receive compensation.